Watertown (WTNY) -- A number of residents were displaced from their homes Saturday night after fire strikes the Emerson Place apartment complex off of State St. City fire crews were dispatched to the scene just after 7 pm. The fire began in a basement at the facility and spread to the apartment above. The good news was that the blaze was contained to that apartment, and only smoke and a water damage was reported in neighboring apartments. A clothes dryer is believed to have sparked the fire. Neighbors of Watertown, which developed and operates the site, says they plan on cleaning up the heavily fire damaged apartment.
Copyright 2013 myabc50.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.