ALBANY, N.Y. (WWTI) – Senator Pattie Ritchie announced that she will be hosting her annual ’10th Mountain Division and Fort Drum Day’ at the State Capitol this Wednesday, February 26.
The event serves to honor the men and women of the 10th Mountain Division, as well as highlight the tremendous impact the base has on New York’s economy and the nation’s security.
In its ninth year, the event will include a special address before the Senate by Commanding General of the 10th Mountain Division, Major General Brian Mennes, as well as an invocation delivered by Fort Drum Chaplain Lieutenant Colonel James Foster.
“Once again this year, I am honored to be able to welcome 10th Mountain Division troops to the Capitol so they can not only convey firsthand to my colleagues the importance of the work that they do, but also so we can recognize each of them for their selfless service,” said Senator Ritchie. “10th Mountain Division soldiers and their family members are defenders of our freedom. I am honored to be their representative in the Senate and look forward to paying tribute to them at this special event.”
The day will feature informative and interactive displays by troops designed to educate lawmakers and visitors on the Division’s mission, as well as highlight new equipment they will be utilizing.
- CAPC of Jefferson County packing over 500 meals daily for local children
- Vice Principal at Immaculate Heart Central does morning announcements online to stay connected
- Police arrest teen who claimed she was intentionally spreading coronavirus
- Critter Class: Did you know that goats know their name when they’re called?
- Critter Class at Old McDonald’s Farm: Did you know rabbits and deer have a lot in common?
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.