LEWIS COUNTY, N.Y. (WWTI) — On the first Monday of 2021, Lewis County Public Health reported almost 100 new COVID-19 cases.
Public Health sadly confirmed the twelve COVID-19 related death on Monday January 4, 2021. Additionally, 95 new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed within the County since December 31, 2020.
There have been a total of 908 positive COVID-19 cases in Lewis County since the virus hit the North Country. Lewis County has reported 12 COVID-19 related deaths.
Of the 908 positive cases, 719 have recovered. There are 408 individuals under quarantine, 177 are under isolation and 18 are hospitalized.
22,042 people have been tested for COVID-19 in Lewis County.
Additionally Lewis County Health System has provided an update regarding COVID-19 cases within the Health System. All statistics are listed below.
Lewis County General Hospital
- 11 COVID-19 positive medical surgical patients
- 10 Thursday, 5 over the weekend, 4 discharged
- No ICU COVID-19 positive patients
- One Thursday, one over the weekend, one discharged, one death
- 62 patients hospitalized since the beginning of the outbreak
- 65 Thursday, 2 over the weekend, 4 Monday
- 47 total patients discharged
- 4 patient deaths
- 8 staff COVID-19 cases
Residential Health Care Facility
- 3 COVID-19 positive residents
- 20 Resident recoveries
- 15 Residents Discharged
- 3 COVID-19 related deaths
- 2 staff COVID-19 case
Lewis County Public Health encourages the community to continue to protect themselves, their families and neighbors by following public health guidance for social distancing and washing your hands.
Anyone with COVID-19 related questions and those who are showing symptoms of COVID-19, like a cough, fever or shortness of breath, should call 315-376-5453.
Lewis County Health System is performing free COVID-19 testing on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at their drive-thru testing site located at Maple Ridge Center.
- 6 new COVID-19 cases reported in Akwesasne, residents reminded of emergency operations
- Biden executive orders impact Adirondack Park environment, communities
- President Biden ordering economic help as talks start on $1.9 trillion relief package
- Jefferson County marks deadly Thursday: 4 residents pass away from COVID-19
- Travel advisory issued for Lewis County early Friday morning
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.