(WWTI) – ABC50’s Alex Hazard spoke with Terry Pistolesi of the Gouverneur Breast Cancer Fund and one of last year’s Remarkable Women of the North Country finalists.
The Gouverneur Breast Cancer Fund recently hit a major milestone of $2 million raised. The organization assists women and men who have breast cancer or a cancer that has metastasized from breast cancer. They also serve women who have ovarian cancer.
Pistolesi explained that the funding doesn’t only help with medical bills, but also assists with household bills, mortgage and rent payments, utility bills, car payments, medications and more.
She said they have been able to continue to meet the needs of the individuals they serve during the pandemic thanks to the generosity of others. Many patients are more stressed during this trying time and the funding helps to alleviate some of that stress.
ABC50 is continuing our search for remarkable women in the North Country. Nominate a woman in your life for her chance to be recognized as Woman of the Year and have $1,000 donated to a nonprofit organization of her choice.
- Herkimer Co. officer receives Shikar-Safari Club award for outstanding service
- 10 things more likely than winning the huge Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots
- Ex-boyfriend of deported Russian agent pardoned by Trump
- Western New York FBI official discuss inauguration preparations
- NYS Opens New Vaccine Site in Utica
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.