JEFFERSON COUNTY, N.Y. (WWTI) — One new case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Jefferson County on Wednesday.
There have been 260 positive confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the county since the start of the pandemic.
The following COVID-19 statistics are the most current for Jefferson County:
- 20,172 total tests
- 19,912 negative results
- 260 positive results
- 247 individuals recovered
- 62 individuals in mandatory quarantine
- 299 individuals in precautionary quarantine
- 12 individuals in mandatory isolation
- 0 hospitalizations
- 1 COVID-19 related death
The number of positive tests represents unduplicated cases. If an individual recovers and later tests positive again, the number of positive cases won’t increase to reflect that case.
A duplicate case affects the number of recovered cases reported, as that number would decrease if someone retests positive. That case would be added to the number of hospitalized cases or those in mandatory isolation, depending on their situation.
Jefferson County continues to participate with New York State to manage the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging
- Time running out to reach COVID-19 relief deal before election
- DOJ files antitrust lawsuit against Google
- Binghamton Area Voter Guide
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.