MASSENA, N.Y. (WWTI) — Following the rise in COVID-19 cases, St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will offer an additional testing site on September 9.
According to the department, a recent investigation has determined that potential COVID-19 exposure occurred between August 25 and September 7, which could result in a further rise in cases.
Additionally, 22 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 following the early stages of the contact tracing investigation. Following intense tracings, more than 150 people may be at risk.
New York State Department of Health and St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will hold COVID-19 testing at Massena Community Center, 60 Beach Street, Massena, NY 13662 on Wednesday, September 9 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The department encourages individuals who believe they have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 to get a test.
Those who are tested are urged to self-quarantine until test results are confirmed to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- SU women fall short at top-ranked Louisville
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- One-On-One with Syracuse assistant coach Gerry McNamara
- Terrence Samuel named Wide Receivers Coach at Syracuse
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.