JEFFERSON COUNTY, N.Y (WWTI) — Jefferson County Public Health Service has set a date for aerial spraying.
In efforts to reduce the threat of Eastern equine encephalitis virus, aerial spraying will occur in the Perch Lake area on Friday 21. The spraying will take place at dusk on Friday, and if f needed, continued spraying will occur the following day at dusk.
JCPHS reminds residents of the North Country to protect themselves against mosquitoes by limiting their outdoor activities around dawn and dusk, use insect repellents and wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts, shoes and socks when outdoors.
Officials also recommend eliminating standing water around the home.
- Lows in the 20s overnight for the North Country this week
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Bills downplay any hype surrounding matchup with New England this week
- Stopping the run is key for Bills defense against Cam Newton and Patriots
- Senators grill Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs on political fairness
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.