BEAVER FALL, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Beaver River Central School District has provided an update for COVID-19 within the community.
The Beaver River Central School District has announced that a student and staff member have tested positive for the coronavirus. The confirmation of the case was announced on October 21, 2020.
According to the District Superintendent Todd Green, the District is working with Lewis County Public Health to conduct contact tracing based on protocols.
However, Superintendent Green stated that “no immediate concern in regards to contact with the student,” due to the student not being present within the school during the time they were infectious.
Additionally, Superintendent Green stated that as a precaution, the District is conducting extra cleaning in areas frequented by the student.
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday February 27th
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions
- 2 St. Lawrence County residents die from COVID-19 Friday
- High school football season can begin March 1, but many in Section III holding off a week
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.