CANTON, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Canton Central School District has provided an update regarding COVID-19 and the water main leakage.
Canton Superintendent Rob Burke announced to the community on Friday that two students have tested positive for the coronavirus. However, as the District has been following remote instruction this week due to a water main issue, St. Lawrence County Department of Public Health has found no potential exposures.
Following this determination, the District has not been advised to make any additional COVID-19 related changes to their in-person instruction model.
However, due to the continual water main issue, Superintendent Burke stated that the District will continue to follow remote instruction on November 16, returning to in-person on November 17, 2020.
The two positive COVID-19 cases reported on November 13, were the first confirmed in the Canton Central School District.
- As Syracuse moves forward with winter sports, John Wildhack says “Everything that we do, we do in consultation with the Onondaga Department of Health”
- SU men’s basketball adds Rider to its non-conference slate
- SC congressman hoping Biden administration can bring Americans together
- Health and Human Services looking at mid-December for COVID-19 vaccine distributions to states
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.