CARTHAGE, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Carthage Area has been awarded for their labor and delivery excellence, as well as the only hospital in the North country for receiving the award for three consecutive years.
Carthage Area Hospital was named a recipient of the Healthgrades Labor and Delivery Excellence Award on August 11, 2020. The award recognized the hospital for providing quality care to mothers during and after labor and delivery.
“I’m extremely proud of our maternity unit for receiving the Labor & Delivery Excellence
Award 3 years in a row,” stated Carthage Area Hospital CEO Rich Duvall. “We pride ourselves in offering a one-of-a-kind experience for growing families and this award is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our nursing staff and providers,”
The hospital stated the specifics of the award include:
- Healthgrades Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ since 2018
- Recognized for Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery since 2018
- Nation’s Top 5% of Hospitals for Labor and Delivery for 2 Years in a Row
- Nation’s Top 10% of Hospitals for Labor and Delivery since 2018
- 5-Star for Vaginal Delivery since 2017
- 5-Star for C-Section Delivery for 2 Years in a Row
“Today, expectant parents are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of hospital quality
and understand that it needs to play a factor in selecting where to deliver their baby,” said Brad
Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “The 2020 Labor and Delivery Excellence
Award™ recognizes hospitals that provide high quality care for mothers during labor and
delivery, so parents can have confidence in their decision.”
- More pandemic relief to meet ‘kitchen table’ needs?
- Lodge for sale in Colorado comes with entire Old West-style town
- What is 5G, and why should we want it?
- Is there a national day for everything? National Fruitcake Toss day celebrated on January 22
- Cornell Law Professor files lawsuit calling NY’s COVID-19 treatment guidelines “racial discrimination”
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.