CARTHAGE, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Carthage community honored individuals and families impacted by cancer.
The Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce, VFW Post 7227 Auxiliary and members of the community came together to display over 95 luminaries to represent those impacted by cancer.
The event “Let our Lights Shine” was held on October 23, 2020 in the Carthage Recreation Park.
Luminaries embodied messages such as “Keep Fighting” and “Never Give Up,” as well as directly honoring those whose lives were taken by the disease.
Additionally, Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce created a prerecorded service for the event. The service is featured below:
- Report: Ellen DeGeneres to end her daytime talk show after 19 years
- Pandemic pet boom has veterinarians backlogged, burned out
- Newfeed Now: House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms; Sinkhole drains 17-acre lake
- Police commissioner talks Times Square shooting, NYPD recruitment, subway crimes
- Sauce Shortage: Chick-fil-A Plans To Limit Sauces To Customers
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.