WATERTOWN, NY (WWTI) — The United States Census Bureau has announced that it will begin emailing households in low-responding areas.
The emails will go to all households that the Census Bureau has contact information for in census block groups with a response rate lower than 50%.
North Country residents should expect to see these emails as the response rate in Jefferson County is 44.6% and 41.1% in Lewis County. The current New York response rate is just over this mark, at 58.1%.
The bureau encourages those who receive their emails and haven’t already responded to complete the 2020 census online.
Households have until October 31 to respond to the 2020 Census.
Emails will be sent out the last week of July and continue into September.
The Census Bureau’s recent success with contacting households by email to participate in the Household Pulse Survey prompted the agency to add these methods. This contact method will help increase response rates and reduce the need for in-person follow-up.
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Bills QB Josh Allen tops first 300 yard game with first 400 yard game in week two
- Josh Allen’s career day leads Bills to a 31-28 win over the Dolphins
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.