CLAYTON, N.Y. (WWTI) — Three Jefferson County high school graduates were honored with the Northern New York Community Foundation George C. Boldt Sr. Scholarship.
This years recipients include:
- Ashley St. Croix, Thousand Island Central High School.
- Mya Weaver, Alexandria Central High School
- Makayla Witt, Alexandria Central High School
The $5,000 scholarship was awarded by Malcom Goodridge, George C. Boldt’s great-grandson.
“The three young women we honor tonight represent a great hope for our future and I have no doubt that George Boldt Sr. would be extremely proud of each one of them,” Mr. Goodridge said. “Education is one of the most important things we can offer young people today. It is the great equalizer that leads to incredible opportunities in the world.”
The scholarship honors the legacy of the castle’s builder, hotelier and philanthropist George C.
To help grow the George C. Boldt Sr. Scholarship, Mr. Goodridge has generously offered to match all gifts to the fund up to $50,000 through December 31, 2020.
- Bills rookie CB Dane Jackson steps up in his first NFL start
- Tyler Kroft avoids COVID-19 exposure while his wife Lexi gave birth to their baby girl
- Bills defense comes up with first dominating performance this season in a win vs. Jets
- Tyler Bass, Bills defense lead the way in 18-10 win over the Jets
- Buffalo Kickoff Live- Oct. 25
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.