WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWTI) – As healthcare facilities continue to take on the COVID-19 pandemic and recover financially, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik has announced funding for two facilities in the North Country.
Congresswoman Stefanik wrote a new funding process for the Department of Health and Human Services to use to ensure that rural hospitals receive adequate funding.
Stefanik announced that Samaritan Medical Center will be receiving $2.5 million and St. Lawrence Psychiatric Hospital will be receiving $3.9 million in funding.
“Ensuring our hospitals are fully recovered and operational to continue to serve my constituents is my top priority.” said Congresswoman Stefanik. [The funding] “is critical in ensuring our hospitals can recover from revenue losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Perseid meteor shower reaches peak this week: When to see it
- DOT proposal: Travelers would receive refund if flight is canceled, postponed
- Trump says FBI raided Mar-a-Lago
- 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2022 Tesla Model S top this week’s new car reviews
- Which EV is the best to buy? We make it easy for you!
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.