WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWTI) – As healthcare facilities continue to take on the COVID-19 pandemic and recover financially, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik has announced funding for two facilities in the North Country.
Congresswoman Stefanik wrote a new funding process for the Department of Health and Human Services to use to ensure that rural hospitals receive adequate funding.
Stefanik announced that Samaritan Medical Center will be receiving $2.5 million and St. Lawrence Psychiatric Hospital will be receiving $3.9 million in funding.
“Ensuring our hospitals are fully recovered and operational to continue to serve my constituents is my top priority.” said Congresswoman Stefanik. [The funding] “is critical in ensuring our hospitals can recover from revenue losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- 7 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in 24 hours in Jefferson County
- Department of Interior waives national park entrance fees for 5th grade students
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- St. Lawrence County reports 5 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday
- The Kool-Aid Man is crashing some houses for a “reverse Trick-or-Treat” this Halloween
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.