WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWTI) — Congresswoman Elise Stefanik has received an award from the American Farm Bureau Federation.
The American Farm Bureau Federation is recognizing Congresswoman Elise Stefanik’s with the “Friend of the Farm Bureau” award. The Friend of the Farm Bureau award was based on Stefanik’s efforts for farmers.
According to her press office, Congresswoman Stefanik previously replaced the Margin Protection Program with a Dairy Margin Coverage program, advocated for free and fair trade and helped to sign the United States- Mexico- Canada agreement.
“It is an honor to be nominated by the New York Farm Bureau and recognized by the American Farm Bureau for my advocacy on behalf of North Country farmers, who are truly essential to our economy and culture,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “Throughout my time in Congress, I have been a tireless advocate for our diverse and robust agricultural landscape and the farmers who work hard to produce wholesome food for our communities. I thank both New York Farm Bureau and American Farm Bureau for this award and for their advocacy on behalf of their industry.”
The Friend of the Farm Bureau Award is granted to members of Congress who are nominated by their state’s Farm Bureaus. The award is ultimately approved by American Farm Bureau Federation Board of Directors.
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years
- Police clear suspected explosive device found outside of Steuben County Mental Health Center
- Man wanted for shooting Mass. state trooper shot, killed by US Marshals; 2 officers hurt
- Get a call offering you an early COVID-19 vaccine? It’s a scam
- US adds 245,000 jobs as virus threatens the economy’s slow comeback
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.