WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWTI) — The U.S. House of Representatives voted on January 20 regarding H. Res. 21, which calls on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment.
Congresswoman Elise Stefanik, who represents New York’s 21st District announced that she voted against the invocation of the 25th Amendment against President Donald Trump.
Congresswoman Stefanik stated that the country should focus more on a “safe transfer of power on January 20.”
Congresswoman Stefanik’s full statement regarding her vote is featured below.
We must work together to unify at this challenging time for the American people. This political resolution sets a very dangerous Constitutional precedent and further divides our country. I believe we should focus on ensuring a safe transfer of power on January 20th.
- Stefanik announces she is running for House GOP Conference Chair
- House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms
- Lewis County Health System welcomes Beaver River graduate to medical staff
- Sunshine, temperatures in the 60s this weekend
- Cost up as consumer prices shot up 0.8% in April as worries escalate
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.