ADAMS, N.Y. (WWTI) — The South Jefferson Central School District has provided an update regarding a positive case of COVID-19.
South Jefferson Central School District Superintendent Scott Slater confirmed on Wednesday that a student at the High School tested positive for the coronavirus. According to the District this is following confirmation from Jefferson County Public Health.
Superintendent Slater stated that the positive case has little impact, as few students and staff will be required to qurantine.
However, Superintendent Slater confirmed that there is impact related to transportation.
Those who have been in close contact with the student will be contacted by Jefferson County Public Health.
As of December 16, twelve cases of COVID-19 have been reported within the South Jefferson Central School District.
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday February 27th
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions
- 2 St. Lawrence County residents die from COVID-19 Friday
- High school football season can begin March 1, but many in Section III holding off a week
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.