ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY, N.Y. (WWTI) – No new cases of COVID-19 were reported to the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department today, leaving the total number of confirmed positive cases at 197.
Of the 197 positive cases, 177 cases have been released from isolation and one is currently hospitalized. There have been two deaths related to COVID-19 in the county.
7,158 people have been tested for COVID-19 in St. Lawrence County. Testing is being done through both St. Lawrence Health Systems and Claxton Hepburn Medical Center by appointment only.
The following hotline numbers are staffed between 8am-4pm for anyone who is experiencing symptoms or feels they should be tested:
- St. Lawrence Health System: 315-261-6240
- Claxton Hepburn Medical Center: 315-713-6655
- Clifton-Fine Hospital: 315-848-8049
- St. Lawrence County Public Health Department: 315-229-3448
St. Lawrence County Public Health is stressing the importance of staying home as much as possible, socializing with household members only and avoiding nonessential gatherings of any size, as these are still not allowed. They are also encouraging everyone to wear a mask or face covering and stay six feet away from others when leaving their homes, wash hands with soap for twenty seconds often and disinfect commonly touched surfaces regularly.
New York State is permitting gatherings of ten people or fewer for Memorial Day ceremonies and services, as long as all social distancing guidelines are followed.
- US faces Memorial Day like no other under virus restrictions
- Local Paralympian battles coronavirus while living abroad
- WATCH: Health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 24
- Watch: Dr. Fauci answers your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’
- President Trump honors Class of 2020 at White House
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.