POTSDAM, N.Y. (WWTI) — SUNY Potsdam’s Crane School of Music band program will be offered a little differently this fall.
The school is continuing their learning opportunities for young musicians by offering the band program virtually.
The Crane School Bands Program is available for children ages 9 to 15 starting September 16. The free instruction program is open to only 36 students on woodwind, brass and percussion instruments.
According to the school, lessons and musical styles are meant to offer engaging avenues at beginning levels.
Both public school and homeschooled children are encouraged to participate.
All instruction will be offered online only, through Zoom. Students will need a working laptop, webcam with microphone, and internet access.
- Massena grades 3-8 to return for in-person instruction starting Tuesday
- Texas swimmer pushing through challenges; focused on competing in Tokyo Olympics
- Mountain Bike World Cup to return to West Virginia
- A mission to preserve Mexican Folkloric Dance
- Puede Network brings Ivy League drive and leadership to underserved community
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.