HERMON, N.Y. (WWTI) — Edward-Knox Central School has provided and update on COVID-19 throughout the district.
Edward-Knox Central School District confirmed on October 15 that a student has tested positive for the coronavirus. This is following three staff members testing positive for coronavirus.
Edward-Knox switched to remote instruction on September 30, 2020, to mitigate the spread, and then hosted a mobile COVID-19 testing site at the school on October 5.
According to EKCSD, 162 individuals were tested at this event, and all results were returned negative.
The school district is set to follow remote instructio through October 26, 2020, and is currently conducting contact tracing with St. Lawrence County Public Health following an additional case of COVID-19.
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- Oklahoma woman with COVID-19 forced to find ICU bed in Texas as hospitalizations spike
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.