GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Glens Falls Housing Authority it set to be awarded a Housing and Urban Development grant.
The award for the housing authority will directly support the Homeless Foster Youth to Independence Initiative, which helps to invest in youth homelessness prevention.
The Glens Falls Housing Authority will receive $5,548 for their FYI program.
“Local housing authorities carry out very important work to help combat homelessness, especially among our vulnerable childhood population,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “This HUD grant funding is crucial in assisting the Glens Falls Housing Authority in providing resources and services to vulnerable youth in the North Country who are facing homelessness.”
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: “It’s better for our team when we have balance”
- Bills LB Tremaine Edmunds working to get back to full strength this week vs. Raiders
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.