NEW YORK (WWTI) — Bring hope and save a life, October 8 is “Organ Donor Enrollment” day.
LiveOnNY is hosting Open Donor Enrollment day to help support those awaiting organ transplants. According to the Organization, the initiative is working to bring awareness to the almost 100,000 New Yorkers who are currently depending on a lifesaving organ transplant.
The virtual event led by LiveOnNY will help to bring awareness to organ donations and encourage New Yorkers to register as teams.
Open Donor Enrollment will urge these teams to educate friends and post on social media on the importance of organ donations, and encourage them to become a donor.
To sign up as an organ donor visit the Donate Life website.
- Ask the Experts at Grimsley Insurance: What is the difference between direct and independent agents?
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- Ask the Experts: The doctors at Northern Lights Chiropractic discuss empowering your immune system
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.