WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Jefferson Community College has received a grant for over $17 thousand to help support a tobacco-free campus.
Through the Truth Initiative Tobacco and Vape-Free College Program, JCC has been awarded a Truth Initiative grant to spread over two years. The initiative offers grants and scholarships to support campus action and allow students to take action.
According to JCC, the grant will be administered by the college’s diverse task force and expand leadership opportunities for students.
Included in the grant are “Truth College Leaders,” which are paid student positions that will allow individuals to advocate for a tobacco-free campus. Ten student volunteers will also be added to the task force.
The Truth Initiative Tobacco and Vape-Free College Program has protected over one million students, faculty and staff by providing funding to 184 institution to adopt a 100% tobacco-free policy.
Jefferson Community College became a tobacco-free campus in June of 2020.
- Deputies searching for man who stole cat blood from clinic
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded COVID-19 risk map
- Rochester police spent nearly $1.4 million in overtime costs this month for Daniel Prude protests
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.