JEFFERSON COUNTY, N.Y. (WWTI) — On Wednesday, Jefferson County Public Health confirmed that 41 residents tested positive for the coronavirus.
Public Health also reported 25 new recoveries and no fatalities.
The following COVID-19 statistics are the most current for Jefferson County and are provided by Jefferson County Public Health:
- 64,216 total tests
- 5,385 positive results
- 4.4% positive, 14-day average
- 5,031 individuals recovered
- 256 individuals in mandatory quarantine
- 253 individuals in precautionary quarantine
- 256 individuals in mandatory isolation
- 17 hospitalizations
- 81 COVID-19 related deaths
The number of positive tests represents unduplicated cases. If an individual recovers and later tests positive again, the number of positive cases won’t increase to reflect that case.
A duplicate case affects the number of recovered cases reported, as that number would decrease if someone retests positive. That case would be added to the number of hospitalized cases or those in mandatory isolation, depending on their situation.