JEFFERSON COUNTY, N.Y. (WWTI) — On Wednesday, Jefferson County officials reported the loss of another resident due to COVID.
According to officials, this was the first recorded death in 34 days, with the last fatality recorded on April 16, 2021.
Since the start of the pandemic, 86 Jefferson County lives have been lost to the virus.
In the daily report, officials also confirmed 29 new COVID-19 cases. Total cases in the county since the beginning of the pandemic have now exceeded 7,000.
The following COVID-19 data is the most current for Jefferson County:
- 113,381 total tests
- 7,028 positive results
- 3.2% positive, 14-day average
- 6,779 individuals recovered
- 393 individuals in mandatory quarantine
- 6 individuals in precautionary quarantine
- 161 individuals in mandatory isolation
- 2 hospitalizations
- 0 nursing home cases
- 0 assisted living cases
- 86 COVID-19 related deaths
Jefferson County officials are also encouraging all eligible residents to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. To find an upcoming clinic, visit the county website.