EVANS MILLS, N.Y. (WWTI) — Dunkin’ gave the North Country a sweet treat as they kicked off the season of giving and donated $10,000 to the Jefferson County Toys for Tots holiday campaign.
The donation stands in place of annual donations the campaign receives from the community, but due to the increased need brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, Dunkin’ stated that they aim to help fill the gaps.
Coordinator for Jefferson County Toys for Tots Michelle Tinsley said the need this year is going to double or even triple, and the surprise donation brought her to tears
In total, Dunkin’ donated a total of $55,000 to support purchasing toys for children in Upstate New York, but franchisee owner Tom Santurri, said that he hopes this installs a sense of hope during trying times.
The $10,000 donation and the Toys for Tots campaign will help ensure that every child in the North Country has toys this holiday season.
Watch full coverage of the Dunkin’ check presentation and interviews with Michelle Tinsley and Tom Santurri.
- Buffalo Kickoff Live- Nov. 29
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Bills K Tyler Bass is finding his groove after shaky start to rookie season
- Bills place WR John Brown on injured reserve
- Erie County Assemblymember urges Gov. Cuomo to avoid shutdown of small retailers
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.