LOWVILLE, N.Y. (WWTI) — Lewis County Health System has announced the cancellation of the annual Breast Cancer Awareness Dinner.
In coordination with Lewis County Hospital Foundation, announced that the 13th annual Breast Cancer Awareness Dinner scheduled for October 20 will not take place due to the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines.
In past years the event has raised funds for the LCGH Fund for Hope which assists individuals in Lewis County with any type of cancer; raising over $40,000 just last year to offset expenses.
However, according to LCCH, the fundraising event will take place virtually. Members of the community can purchase tickets for donated baskets and make donations through an on-line platform.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise
- Lawmaker: Trump must answer for 200k+ lives lost to COVID-19 in first presidential debate
- Members of Congress look forward to first presidential debate
- Dems hold hearing on white supremacists within police depts
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.