WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — As August is halfway through, many seasonal vegetables are at their peak season, including a summer staple, sweet corn.
Add some of these fresh vegetables to summer plates this August:
- Bell peppers
- Sweet Potatoes
And don’t forget the sweet fruit at peak-ripeness this month:
Looking for these vegetables straight from the crop? Visit weekly North Country Farmers Markets.
Canton, Tuesday’s, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday’s 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Carthage, Friday’s, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Clayton, Thursday’s, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Lowville, Saturday’s, 8 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Potsdam, Wednesday’s, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday’s 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Watertown, Wednesday’s, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Watertown City School District student tests positive for COVID-19
- One New Yorker died from virus Sunday, infection rate less than 1% statewide
- Beef Quality Assurance training to be offered throughout North Country in October
- Nearly 100,000 businesses have permanently closed since March. Yelp says these are the hardest hit shops
- Bills looking into how Miami executed having fans at Sunday’s game
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.