WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — “An investment for the next ten years,” said the Director of the Census Bureau’s New York Regional Office Jeff Behler.
The 2020 Census is set to end September 30 and self-response rates in the North Country remain low.
With seasonal areas like Cape Vincent, Clayton and Alexandria Bay averaging with a 30% self-response rates, Census representative reason this with seasonal the residents.
However, this can result in negative impacts for these local communities.
According to Behler Census data provides crucial information for the local populations. Therefore leading to federal funding for infrastructure, healthcare, education, social security, and much more.
Additionally, rural areas, which comprise a majority of the North Country have low averages for their self-response rates.
The Census Bureau’s continues their outreach efforts throughout the region including local Mobile Questionnaire Assistance events.
All residents, seasonal and permanent are encouraged to fill out the 2020 Census for the North Country by the end of September.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Freshman running back Sean Tucker powers the Orange to a 37-20 victory under new Dome roof
- Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to know about Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.