MASSENA, N.Y. (WWTI) — False emails are currently circulating throughout the Massena Central School District.
On behalf of Massena Central School District Superintendent Pat Brady, the Massena Police Department is alerting parents and guardians of fake emails stating confirmed COVID-19 cases. These emails state that students have tested positive for the coronavirus at Madison Elementary School and J. William Leary Junior High School.
According to Superintendent Brady, these emails were discovered following several concerned calls from parents.
Superintendent Brady confirmed on Wednesday that these claims are false.
Massena Superintendent Brady released the following statements through the Massena Police Department:
It is unfortunate that with the level of anxiety we are all living under with the coronavirus, that someone would alarm our community by knowingly spread such disturbingly false information. Our staff are working hard everyday to keep all of our students safe and the doors of our schools open. If we do have positive cases, we will confer with Public Health and make decisions accordingly. These decisions will be communicated by official channels as we have done in the past.
We ask that all parents continue to screen their children each morning and keep them home if they are ill. Please continue to stay safe by taking precautions such as mask wearing and social distancing.
- North Country wake-up weather: Dec. 4, 2020
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.