WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – The Arc Jefferson- St. Lawrence and Jefferson Rehabilitation Center, celebrated the first day of construction on July 13.
Local donors and supporters broke ground outside of the main entrance.
The agency will start a massive renovation of their main building on Gaffney Drive in Watertown. Complete renovations on the 43,000 square foot facility will begin immediately.
According to the agency with all workers following appropriate COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. The project is anticipated to be completed by September of 2021.
Since its original construction in the 1960s, the building will be completely updated for the first time.
“Although the building has been well maintained, there have been no major renovations or improvements to the facility in more than 50 years,” says Howard Ganter, Chief Executive Officer of The Arc Jefferson – St. Lawrence. “The number of children and adults receiving
services in this building has more than doubled since the building’s construction in the 1960’s; making this project vital to the continuation of quality services in the building.”
In the last year and a half, $2 million has been raised within the community through the JRC Foundation’s in support of the $12,000,000 project.
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.