FORT DRUM, N.Y. (WWTI) — A new contract with the United States Department of Army will help to construct a new Hangar.
The construction of a new Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Hangar will be constructed at Fort Drum following a newly announced contract on September 28, 2020. The hangar will be constructed by Structural Associates Inc., based out of East Syracuse, New York.
Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand stated that funding will total $21,731,500 for the UAV Hangar project.
“This new UAV Hangar at Fort Drum will not only expand the base’s capacity to house more tactical aircraft, but it will also be a crucial new asset to enhance Fort Drum’s capabilities in this burgeoning and vital field,” said Senator Schumer. “This project will greatly enhance Fort Drum’s capabilities, all while bringing good-paying construction jobs to the North Country, boosting the regional economy when jobs are needed the most.”
Additionally Congresswoman Elise Stefanik, this project is expected to be completed by September 25, 2020.
Congresswoman Stefanik stated the following:
“As the Chief advocate for Fort Drum and the 10th Mountain Division, I am proud to announce the approval of this much needed facility for our UAS aircraft. The construction of a new hangar will assist Fort Drum with their military readiness capabilities, and I look forward to seeing its completion. I will continue to advocate on behalf of the soldiers and families at Fort Drum.”
- ‘Our defense was the difference tonight:’ Jim Boeheim following win over Clemson
- ‘To New Yorkers, I’m saying that I’m embarrassed by what happened’: Governor Cuomo addresses harassment claims
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Republicans introduce alternative election reform measure to H.R. 1
- Capitol Police double down on security amid new militia threat
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.