WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Samaritan Health has confirmed an increase in COVID-19 cases at an assisted living facility.
Samaritan Health reported on Monday that a resident and staff member tested positive for the coronavirus.
Samaritan also reported the following statistics for January 4, 2021 regarding COVID-19.
|Residents Positive||New Resident Cases||New Staff Member cases||Last Positive Case Recorded||New Resident recoveries||Deaths|
|Samaritan Keep Home||2||0||1||12/23/2020||1||0|
|Samaritan Summit Village- Assisted Living||19||0||0||12/29/2020||6||0|
|Samaritan Summit Village||28||1||1||01/04/2021||0||2|
At this time Samaritan Health has suspended indoor visitations, which will remain until a facility is COVID-19 free for 14 days.
Samaritan is taking general safety measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus. These include:
- Universal masking and eyewear protocols for staff
- Social distancing
- Activities for residents held on floors in limited size
- Upgraded cleaning procedures and regular deep sanitizing
- Temperature checks for long term care residents every eight hours
Additionally, any individual in facilities who display COVID-19 symptoms receive an expedited test and remains isolated until results are confirmed.
The results reported are the most up-to-date confirmed by Samaritan Health.
- Bills players reflect on special 2020 season
- How to avoid coyote conflicts in New York State
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Next highest court allows NY-22’s latest ballot count to continue; updated numbers now due Friday
- Jefferson Community College Board of Trustees announces new appointees
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.