WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Samaritan Health provided an update regarding positive COVID-19 cases at their long-term care facilities.
On December 29, Samaritan Health confirmed that there was an increase of positive COVID-19 cases at Summit Village Assisted Living and Summit Village Skilled Nursing Facility.
According to Samaritan Health, the following data is the most updated regarding positive COVID-19 cases at all facilities.
|Residents Positive||New Resident Cases||New Resident Recoveries||New Staff Member Cases||Last Positive Case recorded|
|Samaritan Keep Home||2||0||0||1||12/23/2020|
|Samaritan Summit Village- Assisted Living||19||2||6||0||12/29/2020|
|Samaritan Summit Village||25||2||0||2||12/29/2020|
At this time Samaritan Health has suspended indoor visitations, which will remain until a facility is COVID-19 free for 14 days.
Samaritan is taking general safety measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus. These include:
- Universal masking and eyewear protocols for staff
- Social distancing
- Activities for residents held on floors in limited size
- Upgraded cleaning procedures and regular deep sanitizing
- Temperature checks for long term care residents every eight hours
Additionally, any individual in facilities who display COVID-19 symptoms receive an expedited test and remains isolated until results are confirmed.
The results reported are the most up-to-date confirmed by Samaritan Health.
- US senators unveil legislation to crack down on cybercrimes
- College athletes to Senate: Standardize athlete compensation
- Watertown Citibus to service Thompson Park on Saturday’s
- Second person begins treatment with new FDA-approved Alzheimer’s Drug
- Gun-waiving St. Louis couple plead guilty to misdemeanors, forfeit guns
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.