TURIN, N.Y. (WWTI) — The South Lewis Central School District provided an update regarding a positive COVID-19 case.
South Lewis Central School District Superintendent Douglas Premo announced on Tuesday that a staff member at the Middle School tested positive for the coronavirus. This is following confirmation from Lewis County Public Health on November 30.
According to Superintendent Premo, the staff member was last o campus on December 14, 2020 and the case has no immediate impact on District operations.
Additionally, Premo stated that the District is currently working with Public Health to begin reviewing close and proximate contacts of the staff member for contact tracing purposes.
As of December 15, 12 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed within the South Lewis Central School District.
- ‘It was just a scrap, a real battle:’ Jim Boeheim following win over North Carolina
- Syracuse picks up big win holding off North Carolina
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine means ‘rapid progress’ in March
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.