(WWTI) – Amid the coronavirus epidemic, many states are taking the CDC’s advice and have enforced social distancing. Gatherings have been banned, non-essential businesses have been closed and schools are closed for on-campus instruction.
New York has taken hygiene into its own hands by manufacturing hand sanitizer to deal with shortages. The state has also been ranked as the most aggressive state against COVID-19 in a report by WalletHub.
The report compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia in their data.
Rankings for New York include:
- 1st – Tested Cases of COVID-19 per Capita
- 12th – Share of Workers with Access to Paid Sick Leave
- 6th – Public Healthcare Spending per Capita
- 9th – Epidemiology Workforce per Capita
- 11th – At Risk Population – Chronically Ill
On March 17, New York was rated the 4th most aggressive state against coronavirus. Less than one month later, the state was ranked the most aggressive on April 7.
More information on the report can be found here.
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Bills K Tyler Bass is finding his groove after shaky start to rookie season
- Bills place WR John Brown on injured reserve
- Erie County Assemblymember urges Gov. Cuomo to avoid shutdown of small retailers
- Last chance to vote in round one of our Christmas movie bracket
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.