WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – The New York State Zoo at Thompson Park revealed its new name on July 2.
The new name, Zoo New York, was chosen to increase the focus and mission of the zoo in the North Country. The rebranding marks the beginning of the transformation of the zoo that will take place over the next five years, said Executive Director Larry Sorel.
Sorel said the new name is shorter, easier to remember and helps to discard the impression that the zoo is state funded.
- Syracuse holds first official practice
- Expert cardiologist joins St. Lawrence Health System’s Canton-Potsdam Hospital
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- Lewis County Hospital Breast Cancer Awareness Dinner cancelled for 2020
- Immaculate Heart Central School to fully-reopen on September 8
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.