ALBANY, N.Y. (WWTI) — The state of New York will be sending COVID-19 assistance to St. Petersburg, Florida.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that New York will establish a testing site at Pinellas Community Church in St. Petersburg, Florida. The site will provide up to 500 tests per day.
“In our time of need, I asked on one dark day when I was doing a briefing for volunteers to come help us. I asked for doctors and nurses to come to New York, and 30,000 people from across the country rolled up their sleeves to help,” Governor Cuomo said. “I know I speak for all New Yorkers when I say we will always be grateful for that help that came to us, and we are paying back the favor today by sending PPE to St. Petersburg.”
The church testing site was with resources from SOMOS Community Care.
New York State will also provide the following supplies:
- 124,000 Surgical Masks
- 7,500 VTM Test Kits
- 7,500 Gowns
- 11,500 Gloves
- 7,500 N95 Masks
- 7,500 Face Shields
- 1,250 Gallons of Hand Sanitizer
- 1,200 Sanitizing Wipes
- 120 Goggles
- 10 Closed Circuit Ventilators
- 10 iPads for tele-health needs
Throughout this public health crisis I have admired Governor Andrew Cuomo’s leadership and ability to clearly communicate to both New Yorkers and our nation,” St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman said. “As Florida continues to confront the worst of COVID-19, I am grateful for the State of New York’s technical assistance and guidance.”
- Bills QB Josh Allen tops first 300 yard game with first 400 yard game in week two
- Josh Allen’s career day leads Bills to a 31-28 win over the Dolphins
- 5 Questions with Darryl Johnson on Buffalo Kickoff Live
- Bills relying on Andre Roberts’ dynamic return skills once again
- Fantasy Spotlight Week 2
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.