WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – Northern New Yorkers are getting ready for the 35th Annual North Country Goes Green Irish Festival. This year’s celebration is March 13 – March 15.
The festival includes fun, food, entertainment and activities for people of all ages.
North Country Goes Green is kicking off the festival with a flag raising and opening ceremony. There are many events throughout the weekend, including pageants, cornhole tournaments, a beard contest, comedy night, raffles, a parade and the 32nd Annual Shamrock Run.
Over $1,000,000 has been donated to local charities and scholarships since the beginning of the Irish Festival. All profits from the festival are donated for scholarships and community donations.
- Final stretch: Presidential campaigns hit the trail hard in southern states with one week left until Election Day
- Judge Barrett joins Supreme Court as new justice, Democrats worried for future of the country
- Election Day lead-up sees record early voting in many states
- Tracy Mitrano visits Chemung County Board of Elections before debate
- ‘Senseless act’: Bicyclist pushed by passenger in passing minivan dies; attacker also killed
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.