LAFARGEVILLE, N.Y. (WWTI) – Families and students in the LaFargeville Central School District are making the best of their time away from work and school by decorating totes left outside of their houses for meals delivered by LCS faculty and staff.
Families were asked by the school district to place a tote, box, bin, or bag at the end of their driveway. These were meant to protect the meals being delivered to students from possible weather and animals, while making sure students and staff are practicing social distancing.
LaFargeville Superintendent Travis Hoover told ABC50, “Many of the families have taken it upon themselves to decorate their bins and express their gratitude to our district and especially to the volunteers who are delivering meals.”
Images of the decorated bins and daily district updates can be found on the LaFargeville Teacher Association Facebook page.
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force
- Senator: Brands, companies should take action against racial inequality
- What you need to know about bubonic plague, the disease behind ‘Black Death’
- Four new confirmed COVID-19 cases in St. Lawrence County
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.