WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – North Country healthcare workers showed their appreciation to local childcare providers Tuesday at the YMCA Daycare center on Washington Street in Watertown.
The center has provided daycare services for healthcare providers since the outbreak of the COVID-19 epidemic. Healthcare workers displayed thank you signs as daycare providers and children looked on. Watertown Family YMCA CEO Denise Young says providing daycare for essential healthcare workers is critical.
“We have healthcare workers who couldn’t be at work if we weren’t able to provide childcare, if these folks weren’t willing to come out and be here,” said Denise.
Jefferson County School District leaders and healthcare providers collaborated with the YMCA to provide emergency childcare sites throughout Jefferson County.
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- Lawmakers react to unruly presidential debate
- Stopping the run is key for Bills vs. Raiders
- Lewis County confirmed one additional COVID-19, 77 quarantined
- New York State awarded $18M to train workers and support entrepreneurs
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.