MASSENA, N.Y. (WWTI) — North Country lawmakers are calling for justice after a noose was discovered in Massena.
Congresswoman Elise Stefanik, St. Lawrence County Chairman of the Board of Legislators Joe Lightfoot, New York State Assemblyman Mark Walczyk, New York State Senator Patty Ritchie and New York State Senator Joe Griffo released the following statement regarding the noose found in a constituent’s backyard:
“This disgusting display of racism must be thoroughly investigated, and the criminals found responsible must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This hateful display has no place in the North Country – or anywhere in our nation – and we condemn it in the strongest terms. This is a pivotal moment in our country where we must come together to work against this abhorrent behavior to ensure it never happens again in our communities. We call for a full investigation until the criminals are found and prosecuted, and we stand with the affected family in Massena and grieve with them.”
- Bills give up a 25-point lead but escape with a win over the Rams to start 3-0
- Reggie Gilliam’s success stems from lifelong family support
- Governor Cuomo provides Sunday coronavirus update for NYS
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.