FORT DRUM, N.Y. (WWTI) – The 10th Mountain Division will execute Mountain Peak on Monday, September 28.
The exercise is one of the largest military training exercises on Fort Drum and will cause an increase in activity and noise on Fort Drum and in surrounding areas.
Heavy military traffic is possible between U.S. Route 11, State Route 26 and County Road 30. The highest activity is expected during business hours on September 25 and September 28.
The two-week long event will focus on collective war fighting skills, including convoy movements, setting up field sites, soldiering tasks, command and control, weapons and equipment qualifications, live-fire exercises and air-assault operations.
Units within 2nd Brigade Combat Team will participate in the training while members of 1st and 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, and Sustainment Brigade will all provide support during the exercise.
Mountain Peak is designed to evaluate subordinate units before real combat missions. The intensive training will give soldiers the skills needed for future deployments while educating them on how to operate in a deployed environment.
- Good grief! ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ no longer on TV
- Albany County business donates 1,500 face shields to poll workers
- Rapper accused of fraudulently getting $1.2M in jobless benefits after boastful music video
- ‘Glitter bomb’ sent to employee of 911 center in Pennsylvania
- Cortland County a COVID-19 hot spot with 7% positivity, according to Governor
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.