WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – Melanie Clark and Melissa Dangerfield are traveling across the North Country delivering bagged lunches to truck drivers as their way to thank them for their continued service to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Truck drivers are still considered essential personnel and their deliveries ensure that local stores remain fully stocked during these uncertain times.
Melanie and Melissa are stopping at rest areas at least once per week to hand out lunches to truck drivers who are stopping during their trip.
They plan to continue to donate and deliver lunches until they are financially unable to do so.
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- NYS sees highest one day increase in confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Pennsylvania police issue first stay at home order citation to woman ‘just going for a drive’
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.