ALBANY, N.Y. (WWTI) — Following Governor Andrew Cuomo’s second part of his 2021 State of the State address, School Administrators are responding to proposals regarding internet access.
The School Administrators Association of New York State is applauding Governor Cuomo’s proposal for access to broadband internet for all New Yorkers.
SAANY stated that they are “pleased to hear” that the Governor placed internet as a top priority in 2021 as it impacts K through 12 students.
SAANYS Executive Director Kevin Casey commented on Governor Cuomo’s proposal.
“The governor’s Internet access proposal is laudable and needed. We have heard too many stories of students having to travel to parking lots and commercial properties just to be able to attend school that day. The plan to make high-speed service affordable for low-income households will benefit students today and into the future, as virtual learning increasingly becomes part of the educational paradigm.”
- Syracuse women’s lacrosse releases 2021 schedule
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- ‘I’m so excited’: Chiefs Kingdom living in Tampa area ready for Super Bowl
- Biden’s executive orders target racial inequalities
- FBI: Glens Falls man filmed smoking weed in Capitol Building during insurrection
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.