ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY, N.Y. (WWTI) – One new case of COVID-19 was reported to the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department today, bringing the total number of confirmed positive cases to 190 for the county.
Of the 190 positive cases, 144 have recovered and been released from isolation. Five are currently hospitalized due to the virus. Two deaths related to COVID-19 have been confirmed in the county.
A total of 3,293 people have been tested for COVID-19 in St Lawrence County. Testing is being done through both St. Lawrence Health Systems and Claxton Hepburn Medical Center by appointment only.
The following hotline numbers are available between 8am-4pm for anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and those who feel they should be tested:
- St. Lawrence Health System: 315-261-6240
- Claxton Hepburn Medical Center: 315-713-6655
- Clifton-Fine Hospital: 315-848-8049
- St. Lawrence County Public Health Department: 315-229-3448
The county is urging all residents to stay home as much as possible, along with wearing a face covering and practicing social distancing when going out for essential work or tasks.
They are encouraging everyone to wash their hands with soap for twenty seconds often and disinfect commonly touched surfaces regularly.
There have been over 330,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New York State.
- Biden rescinds Trump’s emergency declaration on border security, halts border wall construction
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Bills preparing for Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes despite his uncertain status for Sunday
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.