NEW YORK (WWTI) — Over $19 million in federal funding will be awarded to small businesses and entrepreneurs across Upstate New York.
U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer and U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand today announced federal funding totaling $19,135,194 funded through the Economic Development Administration. Counties recieving funding are Albany, Herkimer, Niagara, Erie, Cattaraugus, and Steuben.
“In these trying and unprecedented times, the federal government should do everything in its power to support our small businesses and put local economies on track to recovery and that is why I insisted this EDA funding be included in the CARES Act Congress passed to deal with COVID-19,” said Senator Schumer. “This federal funding will begin that process by helping small businesses and entrepreneurs in Upstate New York weather this crisis and help the economy bounce back.
“Communities across New York are hurting from the devastating economic impact of the ongoing pandemic,” said Senator Gillibrand. “This critical federal funding will help Upstate New York recover from the pandemic’s economic disruptions, and will ensure local businesses have the tools needed drive growth and create meaningful jobs.”
Specific funding is as followed:
- Albany County Business Development Corporation will receive $8,755,500
- Mohawk Valley Economic Development District in Herkimer County will receive $3,014,000
- Niagara County Industrial Development Authority will receive $737,000
- Erie County Industrial Development Agency will receive $5,415,694
- Southern Tier Enterprise Development Organization in Cattaraugus County will receive $660,000
- Regional Economic Development & Energy Corporation will receive $550,000.
- Hugh Jackman to reprise role of Wolverine for Deadpool 3
- Alden man becomes first WNYer to get jail time for actions in Jan. 6 attack; sentenced to 45 days behind bars
- ‘Ride for Missing Children’ returns Sept. 28
- 200M pounds of toxic chemicals dumped into US waterways in 2020: analysis
- ‘Devastating to catastrophic’: Model shows destruction by hurricane-force winds
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.