WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWTI) — The Department of Transportation Airport Improvement Program is working to help airports throughout the North Country.
Four airports, Potsdam, Saratoga Springs, Saranac Lake and Massena will be awarded a total of $8,869,70 in funding for improvements.
The specific funding for each airport includes:
- Potsdam: $2,760,452 for taxiway reconstruction and improvements
- Saratoga Springs: $2,608,531 for perimeter fencing installations
- Saranac Lake: $1,919,841 for obstruction removal
- Massena: $1,580,943 for taxiway and lighting rehabilitation
District 21 New York Congresswoman stated that these projects will also help the surrounding communities, as well as those who rely on the local airports for necessary transportation.
“Our airports and municipalities have suffered financially as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and this federal support will provide them with resources to complete some much-needed projects,” stated Stefanik.
- Bills defense prepare for first big test of the season with Rams offense
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Dome complete and ready to host Georgia Tech on Saturday
- “Keep feeding 14” was John Brown’s message during Bills win over Miami
- Five new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Jefferson County
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.