PHILADELPHIA, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Indian River Central School District has provided an update regarding a positive COVID-19 case.
Indian River Central School District Superintendent Mary Anne Dobmeier announced to the community on Wednesday afternoon that a staff member at Philadelphia Primary School tested positive for the coronavirus. This is following confirmation from Jefferson County Department of Public Health.
According to Dobmeier, the District is working alongside Public Health to perform contact tracing.
Additionally Dobmeier shared that those who have been in contact with the staff member will be contacted by District nursing staff or Jefferson County Public Health.
As of December 16, 24 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed within the Indian River Central School District.
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Exclusive ABC50/NewsNation/Emerson College Poll: Split reaction on recent apology, more people know of Cuomo accusations and more think he did it
- Emergency powers bill could be taken up tomorrow
- Jefferson County teen heading to state wrestling championship after years of dedication
- Watertown YMCA RESET Challenge finding new ways for participants to ‘reinvest’ in their community
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.