EVANS MILLS, N.Y. (WWTI) – Empty shelves at the Walmart in Evans Mills showcase the reality of the shortage of goods affecting the North Country right now.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, retailers across the country are selling out of products like water, eggs, toilet paper, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, hand soap, bread and some groceries.
People have been purchasing these items in mass quantities, making the shortage even greater. Some retailers have placed a limit on the number of certain items that can be purchased per customer.
Here are some images taken on March 15 at the Walmart in Evans Mills:
Walmart is usually open 24 hours per day, with the exception of some holidays. The store cut its hours in an effort to stock products and sanitize stores. As of March 15, stores are open from 6am-11pm until further notice.
- North Country evening weather update: 4-19-21
- Biden seeks GOP input, hopes to reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure package
- Cuomo book scandal: Governor may face criminal investigation over alleged use of state resources
- Scholars urge Biden to stop Title 42 expulsions and Mexico to end arrest of migrants
- 40 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in St. Lawrence County since Friday
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.